PCEA Member Webinar: Reverse Engineering PCBs: How to Recreate a Lost Design
April 11 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
- the source files aren’t available
- only Gerber files and maintenance documents are available
- making a revision to a company-owned product with no source files.
- Junior and midlevel electrical engineers
- Junior and midlevel PCB designers
- Junior and midlevel technicians.
- Basic reverse-engineering techniques with benchtop test equipment
- Reworking and testing techniques
- Identifying PCB structures
- Identifying components
- Using photography and image manipulation tools
- Migrating the design into a generic ECAD tool.
Registration: This special one-hour webinar is free to all PCEA members. To register for PCEA, visit https://pcea.net/pcea-membership. Individual membership is free. To register for the webinar, visit https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/5313990704026084953.
Who should attend: PCB Designer/Design Engineer, System Designer, Hardware Engineer, SI Engineer, Test Engineer
Experience level: Beginner, Intermediate
About the speaker: Ethan Pierce is director of hardware engineering at Pierce Design, working with global customers to build and deploy IoT solutions. An electrical engineer by trade, Ethan has spent his career building, consumer, medical, and defense connected products at leading hardware companies to leading IoT platform companies. His specialty is maintaining holistic design intent from concept to mass production, producing successful products at scale.